Victoria Point Parish
Is currently inviting applications for the causal position of
Sacramental & Safeguarding Coordinator
(Only during school term time starting in Jan 2020 with approximately 4 to 7 hours per week)
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic committed applicant to join the Parish team and assist them with the coordination of their pastoral ministry programs while also ensuring safeguarding compliance throughout the volunteer community.
In this role, your duties will include:
- Participation in the community and liturgical life of the Parish;
- Collaboration with Parish groups in providing care and service to the community;
- Development, implementation, and coordination of a range of pastoral activities and programs, such as the Sacramental Programs;
- Working collaboratively with the Parish Office on all parish matters; and
- Coordinate and follow up volunteers to complete safeguarding compliance.
You will have:
- An understanding of parish life, Catholic Theology, liturgy, and the sacraments;
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and experience in group facilitation;
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills;
- A demonstrated capacity to work both independently and with others; and
- Be willing to work within the Mission and Vision of the Catholic Church.
- Computer skills – basic knowledge and experience in the Microsoft office and management of emails.
The position will be paid under the Pastoral Ministry Guidelines and the rate of pay will depend on your qualifications and experience.
For a copy of the position description and to apply for this position, please visit the below link. Applications should include the name of two (2) referees one of which preferably should be a Parish Priest.
Applications close 23 December 2019.
The Archdiocese of Brisbane has standards of conduct for workers to maintain a safe and healthy environment for children. Our commitment to these standards requires that we conduct working with children checks and background referencing for all persons who will engage in direct and regular involvement with children and young people (0 - 18 years) and/or vulnerable adults. The organisation is fully committed to child safety and has a 0 tolerance to abuse of children or vulnerable adults.